Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

I chose to paint this landscape because I love places like the beach and lake. So I went on Google and typed easy outdoor scenery's, found a couple and combined them all.  This specific painting is a lake scene.  I used a mixture of colors following the analogous color scheme.  Those colors include greens and blues. The paint used to for this is acrylic paint; it was cool paint, but dried quick and clumpy.  The light source come from above to follow the outdoors theme, therefore the light source is within the sky area.  I used several brush strokes within this painting.  I used spotting for the clouds and trees; back and forth for the sky, sand, and water; and then circular strokes for the rocks.  Sadly I forgot to add value into my painting so I don't have much to say about that!:(

No comments:

Post a Comment